- The deadline for submitting 2018-2019 Teaching Fellowship Application materials for both current and prospective students is JANUARY 12, 2018. The following application materials must be uploaded to the College of Music Admission site (Acceptd):
- current resume.
- 750 - 900 word teaching philosophy.
- 30’ video recording of a lesson, including both vocal exercises and the coaching of repertoire.
- Applicants are strongly encouraged to work with an advanced high school senior or first or second-year undergraduate student for their sample lesson.
- Faculty will individually choose their top five applicants, ranking them 1-5, with 1 being the best score. Rankings will be turned in to the Division Chair by 5:00 p.m. on the Monday following the last audition day.
- Within one week of the last audition date, the voice faculty will meet to discuss the results of the ranking and choose those who will be awarded a Teaching Fellowship.
- DMA applicants who are awarded a Teaching Fellowship will be eligible to retain the fellowship for a maximum of the first three years* of their doctoral study.
- Current DMA students who are awarded a Teaching Fellow will be eligible to retain the fellowship up through their third year* of doctoral study, i.e., one or two years.
*It is assumed these will be consecutive years.