Undergraduate Degree Repertoire Requirements
Repertoire requirements for Undergraduate Voice Majors and Concentrations are as follows.
FRESHMAN YEAR — Minimum of four selections, memorized* each semester.
SOPHOMORE YEAR — Minimum of five selections, memorized* each semester.
JUNIOR YEAR — Minimum of six selections, memorized* each semester.
SENIOR YEAR — Minimum of six selections, memorized* each semester.
* One solo from a major choral/orchestral work (oratorio, mass, etc.) may be sung with score. The student may not choose this piece as their first selection.
1) Students may include on their repertoire list a musical theater song only as an additional piece to the required number.* First year students must prepare 4 classical pieces for their jury, but may add a musical theater song as a 5th piece.* Second year students must prepare 5 classical pieces, adding a musical theater selection as a 6th piece.* Third and fourth year students must prepare 6 classical pieces for each jury, and may include a musical theater selection as a 7th piece.*
* The student may not choose a musical theater piece as their first selection.
2) Students whose semester repertoire is lower than required will have their SEMESTER grade lowered by two full letter grades. (i.e. a grade of “A” becomes a “C”, a “B” becomes a “D”, etc.)
3) If a student lists a musical piece on their jury and is unable to perform it by memory even though they indicated that it is memorized, it will be considered an act of academic dishonesty. An automatic grade of ‘F’ will be assigned for the semester.
4) The following repertoire requirements should be met by the completion of voice study at UNT. A complete repertoire list must be presented by all majors and concentrations at the time of the proficiency exam, and at the senior recital hearing by performance majors.
42 selections total: minimum 8 each in English, Italian, German, and French
30 selections total: minimum 5 each in English, Italian, German, and French