Teaching Fellow Travel Policy

Any absence from assigned teaching duties must be discussed with the chair at least two months before the expected absence. Sometimes opportunities arise unexpectedly, but suitable notice is required so that the integrity of the commitment from the UNT College of Music to our students is maintained.

Student Travel Grants

There is the opportunity to apply for a travel grant to support important professional opportunities for full-time undergraduate and graduate students.  The online travel funding request form for College of Music students can be found here:


Click on the link in the bottom right to submit a new request. 

For more information about graduate funding, please go to:

Off-Campus Recitals


After reviewing the NASM requirements regarding documentation of undergraduate degree recitals, it was determined that the College of Music is not required to archive recordings of undergraduate recitals. Therefore if a student chooses, and is approved by faculty, to hold their Senior degree recital off-campus, they do not have to provide a copy of their recital recording for records.

Secondary Students in Voice

MUAS 1503, 3503, 5503, 6503

Students who wish to enroll in secondary voice lessons should read this document carefully. Students are expected to understand and abide by these policies. Students who are unable or unwilling to abide by all of these policies should not enroll in secondary voice lessons. These policies are in addition to, not in place of, policies found in the general Voice Handbook.


Subscribe to Vocal Studies | College of Music RSS